[Rushtalk] GOP Rep. Sean Duffy Resigning from Congress

Carl Spitzer {C Juno} cwsiv at juno.com
Tue Oct 1 21:27:00 MDT 2019

What is up with this one of the good ones leaving??
Blackmail or medical??

GOP Rep. Sean Duffy Resigning from Congress

×
By Jack Davis
Published August 26, 2019

Republican Rep. Sean Duffy of Wisconsin, a staunch supporter of
President Donald Trump, announced Monday that he is resigning next
month.

Duffy posted his announcement on his Facebook page.

“Next to marrying Rachel, representing you — the people and families of
Wisconsin’s 7th District — in Congress has been the highest honor of my
life. Together, we have engaged in the most important battles of our
time: protecting freedom of speech and religious liberty, taking care of
our veterans, defending the unborn, and saving American jobs and
American capitalism,” he wrote.

“After eight and a half years, the time has come for me to focus more on
the reason we fight these battles — family,” he wrote.

Duffy then explained why family matters now more than ever.

“As you all know, raising a family is hard work. It’s especially true
for one as large and busy as mine. Being away from home in Washington
four days a week is challenging and for that reason, I have always been
open to signs from God when it comes to balancing my desire to serve
both my family and my country,” he posted.

“Recently, we’ve learned that our baby, due in late October, will need
even more love, time, and attention due to complications, including a
heart condition. With much prayer, I have decided that this is the right
time for me to take a break from public service in order to be the
support my wife, baby and family need right now. It is not an easy
decision — because I truly love being your Congressman — but it is the
right decision for my family, which is my first love and
responsibility,” he wrote.

He said that as a result, he needs to be with his family.

“On September 23, I will step down and allow others to step forward to
begin laying out their own vision and plans for leading this beautiful
district and the most honest, hard-working, family-oriented, patriotic,
and God-fearing constituents in America.”

Duffy closed by thanking his constituents “for the prayers said on
behalf of our family. We hope they keep coming!”

Gov. Tony Evers, a Democrat, will call a special election to fill the
vacancy. Politico noted that Duffy’s northern Wisconsin district is
solidly Republican, and that in 2018, Duffy won his re-election by 22
points. Trump won the district by 21 points in 2016.

Duffy rose to Trump’s defense earlier this summer in the House after
Trump tweeted his criticism of four Democratic House members who refer
to themselves as “the Squad.”

“I’ve looked closely at the chain of three tweets sent out by President
Trump, and in those tweets, I see nothing that references anybody’s
race. Not a thing. I don’t see anyone’s name being referenced in the
tweets. But the president’s referring to people, congresswomen, who are
anti-American.

“And lo and behold, everybody in this chamber knows who he’s talking
about. Who are the anti-American members of Congress? He didn’t say
their names. He did not say their race, but he commented on how they
view America. And we all know who he’s talking about,” Duffy said,
according to the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel.

When asked later about the tweets concerning Reps. Ilhan Omar of
Minnesota, Rashida Tlaib of Michigan, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez of New
York and Ayanna Pressley of Massachusetts, Duffy said Trump’s meaning
was crystal clear.

“I wouldn’t use the president’s language or the president’s tone. I’ve
always said that. But did I think he’s making a point that you have some
people who don’t like this country and make anti-American comments? I
don’t think he went too far (in that regard),” Duffy said.

Duffy and his wife, Rachel Campos Duffy, spoke at the 2016 Republican
National Convention in Cleveland.

 Davis is a freelance writer who joined The Western Journal in July 2015
and chronicled the campaign that saw President Donald Trump elected.
Since then, he has written extensively for The Western Journal on the
Trump administration as well as foreign policy and military issues.

https://www.westernjournal.com/gop-rep-sean-duffy-resigning-congress/?utm_source=Email&utm_medium=rightalertsbreaking&utm_campaign=wj-breaking&utm_content=ttp

Put This Spice In Your Shoes To "Fix" Toenail Fungus
funguseliminator.com
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/5d94190c3ab76190b21b0st01duc