[Rushtalk] Did You Know We're Stupid?!?

Bernard L Willis f16rsdad at juno.com
Mon Nov 10 23:06:14 MST 2014

He didn't lie about that.

BW

On Mon, 10 Nov 2014 21:17:45 -0500 "John A. Quayle"
<blueoval57 at verizon.net> writes:
Obamacare Architect: We Passed the Law Thanks to the ‘Stupidity of the
American Voter’
Nov. 10, 2014 9:47am Zach Noble

37.5K
Shares

One of the architects of Obamacare said the law was written in a
deliberately “tortured” way and relied on the “stupidity of the American
voter” to ensure its passage.

In a newly unearthed 2013 clip, Jonathan Gruber, the MIT health economist
who helped craft parts of the Affordable Care Act, got fairly candid
about the tactics used to get the Affordable Care Act passed during a
panel at the Annual Health Economists’ Conference last year.

“This bill was written in a tortured way to make sure [the Congressional
Budget Office] did not score the mandate as taxes,” Gruber said in one
52-second clip. “If CBO scored the mandate as taxes, the bill dies. OK,
so it’s written to do that. In terms of risk-rated subsidies, if you had
a law which said that healthy people are going to pay in – you made
explicit healthy people pay in and sick people get money, it would not
have passed.”

Gruber then trumpeted the value of a “lack of transparency” ­ and called
American voters stupid.

“Lack of transparency is a huge political advantage,” Gruber said. “And
basically, call it the stupidity of the American voter or whatever, but
basically that was really really critical for the thing to pass.”

Better for the American people to be saddled with a law they don’t
understand, Gruber claimed, than for them to understand the law and rally
against it.

“Look, I wish
 we could make it all transparent,” Gruber said, “but I’d
rather have this law than not.”

UPDATE: The original video that contained Gruber’s comments was deleted
from YouTube on Monday morning.

Um, hey, University of Pennsylvania: Pulling the Gruber video now really
doesn't help your cause. http://t.co/KoW7Kx2WLb

­ Phil Kerpen (@kerpen) November 10, 2014

University of Pennsylvania officials did not immediately comment to
TheBlaze on why the video was taken down.

(H/T: Daily Caller)

­

Follow Zach Noble (@thezachnoble) on Twitter