What Do You think Of This?

Carl Spitzer WinBlows at LAVABIT.COM
Tue Oct 27 13:47:38 MDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-10-14 at 16:53 -0700, Stephen A. Frye wrote:
> >It's a real shame this kind of crap goes on.  History is history.
> >Columbus just did what captains did back in those days; I get so
> >frustrated when we judge historical figures g=by today's standards.
> >

> The Romans crucified Jesus.  History is history.  The Romans just did
> what Romans did back in those days.  Should we get so frustrated when
> we judge historical figures by today's standards?
>
> The non-Christians heinously persecuted, tortured, and executed
> Christians.  History is history.  The non-Christians just did what
> non-Christians did back in those days.  Should we get so frustrated
> when we judge historical figures by today's standards?
>
> During the Inquisition, the church heinously persecuted, tortured,
> and executed those it identified as heretics.  History is
> history.  The church  just did what the church  did back in those
> days.  I get so frustrated when we judge historical figures by
> today's standards?

And somehow that is not catholic bashing to describe the truth.  Of
course America did the Su Trail of Tears and southern bigots with badges
started the War on drugs so they could excuse rousting blacks and
illegals.  History is what it is a lesson mostly in misdeeds of our
ancestors whom we should not imitate.

CWSIV