Look Out, Here It comes!

John A. Quayle blueoval57 at VERIZON.NET
Sat May 31 00:49:33 MDT 2008

Below please find a special message from one of our advertisers,
*ExposeObama.com*. From time to time, we receive opportunities we
believe you as a valued customer may want to know about. Please note
that the following message does not necessarily reflect the editorial
positions of Human Events.

**/*President Obama Signs $8500.00 Per Household Tax Into Law: Funds To
Go To The United Nations To Combat Global Poverty!*/

*Make no mistake, the headline above is a lot closer to fact than you
may think!  So if you're wondering what an Obama presidency would be
like, look no further than the above headline!*

    *What the media is NOT telling you is that Barack Hussein Obama
    does, in fact, have a legislative record in the Senate and /one of
    his proudest accomplishments is The Global Poverty Act (S. 2433)/.*

*But wait just a minute! Isn't combating poverty around the world a
noble goal?  *

*Well... the devil, as they say, is in the details!*

    *Some conservative leaders are already sounding the alarm and
    telling us that, if passed, Barack Hussein Obama's /Global Poverty
    Act /will commit us to a stealth United Nations-inspired global tax
    of $845 Billion dollars... that comes to approximately an $8500.00
    tax burden for every household in the United States!*

*Cliff Kincaid of Accuracy in Media wrote:*

    */"[T]he legislation, if approved, dedicates 0.7 percent of the U.S.
    gross national product to foreign aid, which... would amount to $845
    billion 'over and above what the U.S. already spends.'"

    "The plan passed the House in 2007 'because most members didn't
    realize what was in it.' Congressional sponsors have been careful
    not to calculate the amount of foreign aid spending that it would
    require."/*

*Remember the Food for Oil Scandal?  Let's face it; the United Nation's
actual record on ending pain and suffering around the world is pathetic
and dismal.*

*The questions to ask are, first, how much of our money that goes to the
United Nations right now actually winds up lining the pockets of
third-world dictators and despots? And, second, if Obama's plan
succeeds, how much of his new $845 billion giveaway will end up in those
same pockets?*

    *Barack Hussein Obama's /Global Poverty Act /MUST be STOPPED! Time
    is of the essence!  Obama's /Global Poverty Act/ actually has the
    support of some prominent RINOs such as Senator Richard Lugar and
    Senate Foreign Relations Committee Chairman Joseph Biden, who just
    pushed Obama's world welfare bill out of committee. It /could be up
    for a vote in the Senate AT ANY TIME/! *

*Barack Hussein Obama MUST be stopped. But more importantly, his
so-called /Global Poverty Act/ -- /which has already passed in the House
(because most Members simply didn't know what was in it) and is
presently being pushed through the Senate /-- MUST be stopped.*

    *You can help us do BOTH! RIGHT HERE and RIGHT NOW!*

Use the "Join the Fight" button below and we will send 50 urgent and
personalized Blast Faxes
<http://paracom.paramountcommunication.com/ct/2145502:2427076891:m:1:88120924:0D939D33594CFED01B50D38597D4EA7B>
FROM YOU to President George W. Bush and each and every one of the 49
Republican Members of the United States Senate.

This is NOT a petition!  This is NOT a simple and ineffective e-mail to
your congressman.  When you use the "Join the Fight" button below
<http://paracom.paramountcommunication.com/ct/2145502:2427076891:m:1:88120924:0D939D33594CFED01B50D38597D4EA7B>,
we will send *50 Faxes in your name to President Bush and the Republican
Members of the Senate*.  And with your help we can literally *flood the
fax machines of these federal legislators with a message from concerned
Americans that can not be ignored*!

Demand that President Bush and the Republican Members of the Senate use
any means at their disposal -- including a filibuster if necessary -- to
derail Barack Obama's Global Poverty Act!  Help us expose Barack Hussein
Obama to the American people and at the same time help us expose and
stop his dangerous agenda.  Use the "Join the Fight" button below
<http://paracom.paramountcommunication.com/ct/2145502:2427076891:m:1:88120924:0D939D33594CFED01B50D38597D4EA7B>!

Join the Fight
<http://paracom.paramountcommunication.com/ct/2145502:2427076891:m:1:88120924:0D939D33594CFED01B50D38597D4EA7B>

*Others are sounding the alarm about Barack Hussein Obama's /Global
Poverty Act/.*

*Conservative icon Phyllis Schlafly recently wrote:*

    */"Obama's costly, dangerous and altogether bad bill (S. 2433)...
    would commit U.S. taxpayers to spend 0.7 percent of our Gross
    Domestic Product on foreign handouts..."/*

*Schlafly also wrote:*

    */"The Global Poverty Act would be a giant step toward the [United
    Nation's] Millennium Goals of global governance and international
    taxes on Americans."/*

*Joe Farah, publisher of /WorldNetDaily.com/ said of Barack Hussein
Obama's Global Poverty Act:*

    */"Now comes an even grander proposal by Barack Obama. It's called
    the Global Poverty Act, that would, in the next decade, transfer at
    least $845 billion of U.S. taxpayer money overseas. Think of
    Johnson's failed war on poverty going international -- directed not
    by Americans but by the United Nations."/*

*But don't take Schlafly's or Farah's or Kincaid's word for it.  Read
what is in Barack Hussein Obama's/ Global Poverty Act/ for yourself:*

    *Specifically, **Barack Hussein Obama's/ Global Poverty Act/** would
    require that the President: /"acting through the Secretary of State,
    and in consultation with the heads of other appropriate departments
    and agencies of the United States Government, international
    organizations, international financial institutions, the governments
    of developing and developed countries, United States and
    international nongovernmental organizations, civil society
    organizations, and other appropriate entities, shall develop and
    implement a comprehensive strategy to further... the reduction of
    global poverty, the elimination of extreme global poverty, and the
    achievement of the Millennium Development Goal."/*

*And just who are these /"international organizations"/ and
/"international nongovernmental organizations"/ and /"other appropriate
entities?"/*

    *You guessed it! He's talking about the United Nations!*

*And just what, pray tell, is the /"Millennium Development Goal?"/*

*Cliff Kincaid again:*

    */"The bill defines the term 'Millennium Development Goals' as the
    goals set out in the United Nations Millennium Declaration..."

    "In addition to seeking to eradicate poverty, that declaration
    commits nations to banning 'small arms and light weapons' and
    ratifying a series of treaties, including the International Criminal
    Court Treaty, the Kyoto Protocol (global warming treaty), the
    Convention on Biological Diversity, the Convention on the
    Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination Against Women, and the
    Convention on the Rights of the Child."/*

[...]

*In fact the United Nations Millennium Declaration talks about much more
than the eradication of poverty.  Kincaid yet again:*

    */"Those U.N. protocols would make U.S. law on issues ranging from
    the 2nd Amendment to energy usage and parental rights all
    subservient to United Nations whims."/*

*But that's not all, since we're on the subject, the United Nation's
Millennium Development Goal -- proclaimed in 2000 -- contains plans for
additional assaults on your wallet. *

*Among those goals are:*

    * a /"currency transfer tax;" /

    a /"tax on the rental value of land and natural resources"/;

    a /"royalty on worldwide fossil energy projection -- oil, natural
    gas, coal;"/

    /"fees for the commercial use of the oceans, fees for airplane use
    of the skies, fees for use of the electromagnetic spectrum, fees on
    foreign exchange transactions, and a tax on the carbon content of
    fuels."/

    a "standing peace force;"

    a /"UN arms register of all small arms and light weapons," /

    /"/ /peace education... at all levels from preschool through
    university;" /*

    * the /"eradication of poverty" /through the /"redistribution [of]
    wealth and land,"/

    cancellation of /"the debts of developing countries,"/

    and /"a fair distribution of the earth's resources."/*

*How do you suppose the United Nations expects to /"redistribute"/ the
land and the wealth? *

*Unless Barack Hussein Obama is STOPPED, we may all find out!*

[...]

/*Bruce Hawkins
Executive Director
ExposeObama.com*/

*/P.S. Even if you can not join us in this effort right now, you can
still help us expose Barack Hussein Obama by sending this e-mail to at
least 10 of your friends. /*

*/P.P.S. If you've had enough of wealth re-distribution, if you never
want to see America's strength sapped by Obama and the UN, then you need
to act today!/*

/Paid for by the National Campaign Fund and not authorized by any
candidate or candidate's committee. ExposeObama.com is a project of the
National Campaign Fund.

Contributions are not tax deductible for federal income tax purposes.

Contributions are only used in Federal elections. Contributions are
limited to $5000.00 per calendar year from an individual. Federal law
requires political committees to report the name, address, occupation
and name of employer for each individual whose contributions aggregate
in excess of $200 in a calendar year. Contributions may only be accepted
from United States citizens at least eighteen years of age.
Contributions must be made from an individual's personal funds and
cannot be made from the general treasury funds of a corporation, labor
organization, national bank or from the general treasury of an entity or
person who is a federal contractor. Funds cannot be provided to a
contributor by another person or entity for the purpose of making a
contribution./

/ExposeObama.com
c/o National Campaign Fund - 1101 Pennsylvania Avenue NW Ste. 600 -
Washington, DC 20004 - 202 465-7192/

believe you as a valued customer may want to see. This email was sent to
*blueoval57 at verizon.net* because you are subscribed to Eagle
Publishing's *Carefully Selected Offers from 3rd Parties*.

Please do not attempt to respond to this message as your reply will
route to an unattended email box. If you have questions, please send
them to CustomerService at HumanEventsOnline.com.

To unsubscribe or to update your email delivery preferences, click here
<http://paracom.paramountcommunication.com/ct/2145503:2427076891:m:1:88120924:0D939D33594CFED01B50D38597D4EA7B>.

Human Events  |  One Massachusetts Ave., N.W.  |   Washington, D.C. 20001

This message was intended for: blueoval57 at verizon.net
<mailto:blueoval57 at verizon.net>
You were added to the system September 17, 2007. For more information
click here
<http://paracom.paramountcommunication.com/subscribe/source.htm?c=bhJ/UU2NHea8M&email=blueoval57@verizon.net&cid=cf9ce239ef6aab2bfa3b4623f44b49>.
Update your preferences
<http://paracom.paramountcommunication.com/phase2/survey1/survey.htm?CID=vhzewm&action=update&eemail=blueoval57@verizon.net&_mh=657cb0d3c3d43fd7383c68de73fa1884>