Is McCain Just "Blowing Smoke"?

John A. Quayle blueoval57 at VERIZON.NET
Wed May 7 21:59:30 MDT 2008

/*        [Man, I'm still seething over McCain's announced meeting to
address LaRaza in June! What could he possibly be thinking? Perhaps, we
conservatives might want/need our own nuclear "solution" during our
side's convention, think?

       McCain says, "*/America needs a leader who recognizes that the
people and the states should decide what's best, not the courts./*" Yes,
but can we trust this man? I really have my doubts. JAQ:]*/

*The following is a paid political advertisement.*
Please note, it does not necessarily reflect the editorial positions of
Human Events.

JohnMcCain.com

<http://paracom.paramountcommunication.com/ct/2084450:2340069332:m:1:88120924:D1E26AE5A1E603F13B3F2432E9E7F2D6>

My Friends,

We have a lot at stake in this presidential election. As a nation, we
face many challenges that will require real leadership from our next
president. I have said before that this election will be about the big
things, not the small things, and I write to you today about one big
issue in particular - *the future of the U.S. Supreme Court.* If one of
my Democratic opponents is elected in November, you can rest assured
that given the opportunity to appoint judges, they will appoint those
who make law with disregard for the will of the people.

There may be at least two vacancies on the United States Supreme Court
during the next presidential term. *As president, I will ensure that
only those judges who strictly interpret the Constitution of the United
States are appointed.* I will nominate judges who understand that their
role is to faithfully apply the law as written, not impose their will
through judicial fiat.

If you want judges who will clearly and completely adhere to the
Constitution of the United States and who do not legislate from the
bench to serve on the U.S. Supreme Court, then I ask that you join my
campaign for president today by making a financial contribution.
<http://paracom.paramountcommunication.com/ct/2084450:2340069332:m:1:88120924:D1E26AE5A1E603F13B3F2432E9E7F2D6>

I am proud to have played a role in the appointment and confirmation of
two great Supreme Court justices - Chief Justice John Roberts and
Justice Samuel Alito *I need your support now so that as your president
I can nominate judges like Justices Roberts and Alito*
<http://paracom.paramountcommunication.com/ct/2084450:2340069332:m:1:88120924:D1E26AE5A1E603F13B3F2432E9E7F2D6>.
Judges who have proven themselves worthy of our trust. Judges who take
as their sole responsibility the enforcement of laws made by the
people's elected representatives. Judges who can be relied upon to
respect the values of the people whose rights, laws and property they
are sworn to defend.

My friends, the future of our country and of the Supreme Court is at
stake in this election. If either Senator Clinton or Senator Obama is
elected - both voted against confirming Chief Justice Roberts and
Justice Alito - they will appoint activist judges. They will appoint
judges who legislate from the bench.

I'm sure I don't have to remind you how important even one vote on the
Supreme Court can be. Issues concerning states' rights, abortion,
affirmative action, the Second Amendment and religious freedom have all
been decided by a very slim 5-4 margin.

America needs a leader who recognizes that the people and the states
should decide what's best, not the courts. In order to be that leader, I
need your financial support immediately.

Please follow this link to make an immediate donation of $50, $100,
$250, $500, $1,000 - any amount up to the legal limit of $4,600.
<http://paracom.paramountcommunication.com/ct/2084450:2340069332:m:1:88120924:D1E26AE5A1E603F13B3F2432E9E7F2D6>

Thank you for your support.

Sincerely,

John McCain

P.S. To date, my Democrat opponents have raised almost $450 million in
their efforts to win the White House. Both Senators Clinton and Obama
voted against confirming John Roberts and Samuel Alito. *Both Senators
Clinton and Obama will nominate liberal, activist judges. *As your
president, I will ensure that the Supreme Court protects our values.
Please follow this link right away to make your donation of any amount,
up to the legal limit of $4,600.
<http://paracom.paramountcommunication.com/ct/2084450:2340069332:m:1:88120924:D1E26AE5A1E603F13B3F2432E9E7F2D6>
Every contribution, no matter how big or small, is crucial to our
efforts. Thank you.

<http://paracom.paramountcommunication.com/ct/2084450:2340069332:m:1:88120924:D1E26AE5A1E603F13B3F2432E9E7F2D6>

Paid for by John McCain 2008 - www.JohnMcCain.com
<http://paracom.paramountcommunication.com/ct/2084451:2340069332:m:1:88120924:D1E26AE5A1E603F13B3F2432E9E7F2D6>