FW: Sarah Palin VS Barack Obama

Rob H. robh at BRESNAN.NET
Sun Aug 31 22:42:59 MDT 2008

Folks,

I received the following from a good friend of mine whom I used to work
with.  He hit this bulls-eye right in the middle of it.  He has also earned
my deepest respect for his great service to this wonderful country that we
call ours.

Do not get me wrong.  I would never even dream of voting for Nobama
(misspelled intentionally) but I also have had some great hesitations and
concerns over McCain as I do consider him somewhat of a Republicrat or a
RINO (Republican In Name Only.)  With his selection of Sarah Palin as his
running mate, you can bet your bottom dollar that it took quite a bit (not
all) of the hesitation away from me.  She is the most Reagonesque person
being considered for ANY office that I know.  Ronald Reagan was the best
President that served since I have been alive and probably will be my
favorite to my grave.

I also feel as if the Democratic Convention this last week was a sheer
example of their symbolism over substance hogwash that they are so good at.
With the money that they socked into Invesco Field alone, makes one wonder
how much of that money would have been better suited for the needy that they
care *so deeply* for.  I truly hope that the Republican Convention is one of
modesty.  We do not need Greek pillars nor flash and flare (i.e. smoke and
mirrors) to get our point across.

Thank you, Charles for sharing this, again for being an awesome friend and
again for your dedicated service to our country.  God Bless You!

Rob

----------------------------

 <mailto:robh at bresnan.net> robh at bresnan.net

 <http://home.bresnan.net/~robh> http://home.bresnan.net/~robh

How many of you were as shocked as I was to hear the news that McCain chose
Governor Sarah Palin as the next Vice President of the United States of
America.   Palin, an American by birth, by conviction and by every action,
has created a hurricane force storm in the obamma camp.   Immediately after
the announcement by McCain, obamma immediately went on the defensive and
started the smear tactics he is so fond of using against everyone who
opposes him.   Obamma became understandably upset over McCain's choice,
though obamma's constant vehement attacks only prove the type of
questionable character obamma is born of and exhibits not only in public but
in his private life as well.   His open associations with criminal elements,
his friendships with anti-Americans, his constant avoidance of questions
that could force him to expose his and his wife's personal contempt for
America, questionable lifestyle and agenda, and the total disrespect he
actually has for Americas in general.

Obamma doesn't have an ounce of experience to be the president and leader of
the United States.  His experience is only plagiarizing the accomplishments
of others.   He has never been leader of anything important, in fact his
senate seat is that of a junior senator, which means he is basically a
senator in training, immature in his thinking, his directions and actions.
He has NO leadership ability, he is a smooth talker with a vocabulary that
makes him sound like he swallowed a dictionary and thesaurus.  When people
hear him talk they are impressed with his verbiage and glamorous talk, but
all his talk and big words only proves that he knows how to hide his
ignorance with BS, "if you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them
with bull sh*t".  This is the typical Obamma trade mark.

I think it's funny, that the Republican Vice-Presidential candidate has more
legislative experience, more executive leadership experience, more
commitment to the USA and the people, than Obamma and Biden combined have or
could ever hope for.   Would you want in the highest office in the country
someone who had a big mouth and spoke eloquently without ever addressing the
actual issues and when they speak gets off on their own self and manipulated
the masses through empty words and  who is stuck on themselves, who has
never even served as a mayor, councilman, Governor of anything, not even
something as trivial as being a boy scout leader?  Or would you rather have
someone in office who HAS served the people as a leader and has a proven
track record of actual major political accomplishments that benefit everyone
under their charge, who has given back to the people money that was a result
of crooked politicians padding their own pockets, and exposed political
corruption and brought those responsible into the light and made them pay
monetarily and criminally for their acts against those who had their trust
violated?   Maybe obamma will finally have the shroud of secrecy torn from
him and his true character exposed, putting him in a position to account for
his actions.  Is that why he is so pissed and terrified at McCain's choice?
I hope so!

My Vote is definitely for Palin/McCain (not to mention she likes Van Halen
which means she is hard core)

PASS THIS AROUND THE USA, PLEASE LEAVE THE ABOVE COMMENTS ATTACHED! cc

Sarah Palin VS Barack Obama

Sarah Palin

Barack Obama

Office being sought

Vice President

President of the United States and Leader of the Free World

Full name

Sarah Louise Heath Palin

Barack Hussein Obama II

Nickname

Sarah Barracuda

Barry Obama; "The One"

Public opinion

Smoking hot in a "naughty librarian" sort of way

May be The Messiah

Age

44

48

Children

5: two sons, three daughters

2: two daughters

Religion/Church attendance

Evangelical Christian;

attends Juneau Christian Center when in Juneau and grew up attending Wasilla
Assembly of God

Attended Trinity United Church of Christ for 20 years, a "black liberation
theology" church formerly led by Rev. Jeremiah Wright and governed according
to the  <http://www.tucc.org/talking_points.htm> Black Value System

Current Job

Governor of Alaska

Junior Senator from Illinois

Previous Public Jobs

Mayor of Wasilla, AK (1996-2002); President of Alaska Conference of Mayors;

City Council member (1992-1996)

State Senator (1997-2004);

Community Organizer

Executive Experience

Governor for 2 years;

Mayor for 10 years

None

Foreign Relations experience

Governor of state that borders two foreign countries (Canada and Russia)

Chaired Senate subcommittee on Europe but never called it into session;

once gave a speech to 200,000 screaming Germans

Military Affairs experience

Commander in Chief of Alaska National Guard;

Son is enlisted Infantryman in U.S. Army

None

Private Sector Experience

Sports reporter;

Salmon fisherman

Associate at civil rights law firm

Speaking ability

Beautifully executed initial stump speech in Dayton, OH hockey arena without
a teleprompter

An enter.wait-did you say without a teleprompter??

Spouse's name

Todd Mitchell Palin

Michelle LaVaughn Robinson Obama

Spouse's occupation

Salmon fisherman;

Former North Slope production supervisor for BP Oil

Vice President for Community and External Affairs at University of Chicago
Hospitals;

former Associate Dean of Student Services at the University of Chicago;

former Executive Director for the Chicago office of Public Allies;

former Assistant to the Mayor of Chicago;

former associate at Sidley Austin law firm

Reaction to spouse's political success

Quit 17-year BP oil job when BP became involved in natural gas pipeline
negotiations with wife's administration

Promoted and given 160% pay raise by UofC hospitals within months of
husband's election to U.S. Senate;

Employer received $1,000,000.00 federal earmark, requested by husband, after
her promotion

Coolest thing about Spouse

Tesoro Iron Dog Snowmobile race champion (longest snowmobile race in the
world);

In 2008, while defending his championship, was injured when he was thrown 70
feet from his machine. He was sent to the hospital but still finished in
fourth place

Sister of Oregon State University head basketball coach Craig Robinson

Most Courageous Moment in Public Service

Resigned in protest from position of Ethics Commissioner of Alaska Oil and
Gas Conservation Commission in order to expose legal violations and
conflicts of interest of Alaska Republican leaders, including the former
state Attorney General and the State GOP Chairman (who was also an Oil & Gas
Commissioner), who was doing work for the party on public time and supplying
a lobbyist with a sensitive e-mail.

Gave an anti-Iraq war speech to a crowd of anti-Iraq war demonstrators in
Hyde Park in 2002

In Current Office Because.

Upset sitting Governor in GOP primary due to public support for her efforts
to clean up corrupt government establishment

Republican opponent, who was leading in the polls, was forced to leave race
after unsealing of divorce records exposed a sex scandal

Theme:

Change and Clean Government

Hope and Change;

"Bringing Change from Outside Washington"

What they've done to live that theme:

Replaced entire Board of Agriculture and Conservation because of conflict of
interest;

Resigned from position of Ethics Commissioner of the Alaska Oil and Gas
Conservation Commission in order to expose corruption among members of own
party

Selected 36-year incumbent Senator as running mate

Family Affairs

May have removed State Public Safety Commissioner as part of effort to
protect sister in messy divorce and child custody battle

Often says, "I am my brother's keeper";

Brother lives in a hut in Nairobi on $12 per year

Union affiliation

Union member, married to Union member

Endorsed by a union

Iraq and Troop Support

Formerly (pre-surge) critical of apparent lack of long-term strategy for
Iraq;

Visited wounded U.S. soldiers in Germany;

visited AK National Guard soldiers deployed to Kuwait;

Son deploying to Iraq on 9/11/08 as Army infantryman

Gave an anti-Iraq war speech to a crowd of anti-Iraq war demonstrators;

almost visited wounded troops in Germany, but decided to go shopping in
Berlin instead

Bipartisan/"maverick" credentials

Married to a non-Republican;

Exposed corruption within own party;

Campaigned for Lt. Gov. Sean Parnell against corrupt GOP congressman Don
Young;

Called out Sen Ted Stevens (R-AK) to "come clean" about financial dealings
that are under fed investigation

Talks about bipartisanship

Legislative Record

Passed a landmark ethics reform bill;

Used veto to cut budgetary spending;

Prevented "bridge to nowhere" that would have cost taxpayers $400 million
dollars.

Voted "present" over 100 times as IL state senator

How they dealt with corrupt individuals in home city/state

Exposed legal violations and conflicts of interest of Alaska Republican
leaders;

Campaigned against corrupt GOP Representative;

Ran against and defeated corrupt incumbent governor in GOP primary

Launched political career in home of unrepentant domestic terrorist Bill
Ayers (and still refers to him as a part of "mainstream Democratic Chicago";

Purchased home with help of convicted felon Tony Rezko

Guns

Lifetime member of NRA and avid hunter;

video can be found on YouTube of Palin firing an M4 at a military firing
range

Worked to pass legislation in Illinois that would prevent all law-abiding
citizens from owning firearms

Earmarks

Opposed "Bridge to Nowhere" project;

Said Alaska should avoid relying on federal money for projects;

Campaigned against porker Don Young (R-AK) in 2008 primary

Secured federal earmarks for wife's employer and for
<http://hotair.com/archives/2008/08/12/did-obama-amplify-pork-for-bundlers/>
campaign bundlers

Abortion

Pro life;

gave birth to 5th child knowing that he would have Down's syndrome

Pro-choice;

only IL state sen. to speak against the Born Alive Infant's Protection Act,
which required medical care to be given to live infants who survived
abortions

Energy

Believes energy independence is a matter of national security;

For drilling in ANWR, which is in her state

Says Americans should "get tune-ups" and "check tire pressure";

Says "we can't expect the world to be okay with" our use of heating and air
conditioning

Environment

Chair of Alaska Conservation Commission (2003-4);

Announced plans to create sub-cabinet group of advisors to address climate
change and reduce greenhouse gas emissions in AK

Talks about the environment a lot

Athletic prowess

Runs marathons

Has reporters tailing him to the gym