John McCain -- Pro Life? What a joke!

John A. Quayle blueoval57 at VERIZON.NET
Tue Aug 26 07:34:53 MDT 2008

Steven Laib wrote:

> Baldwin is forgetting several key facts. First, for Roe to be fully
> overturned there has to be a cased filed raising the issues central to
> Roe. Second, the case has to make its way through the federal courts
> and be appealed to SCOTUS, after which the court has to agree to hear
> it. Then, we have to consider that Justice Kennedy is a loose cannon.
             /*You are quite correct, Steve. If memory serves, Kennedy
brought up international law when adjudicating a prior case, correct?*/
> Consider what he did in the Gitmo prisoners rights cases.
>
> Then, considering if the Supreme Court were to overturn Roe, the
> proper domain for the issue of legal abortion was and remains the
> states under the 10th amendment. Thus, you can expect that at least
> some of the states are going to keep it legal.
          /*Steve, far as I'm concerned, this is (or should be) a
states' rights issue all the way. Therefore, if the denizens of a
certain state wish to keep or reject it, they can simply lobby their
state lawmakers (or vote them out, if need be).

John Q.
*/