Proof: UN Climate Models Got it Wrong

John A. Quayle blueoval57 at VERIZON.NET
Wed Aug 13 04:59:11 MDT 2008

Oooops! The U.N. IPCC published predictions by its climate models: The
UN Climate Models Got it Wrong: No Warming Yet This Century
(*/http://e2ma.net/go/1262690176/1146578/42001889//*goto:/*http://planetgore.nationalreview.com/post/?q=MTYwMjRiZjJhMmUxYWE2MmQ0NDZhOGM0M2Q3ZWUzMmE=*/)

The Washington Post writer Joel Achenbach fears the fashion of blaming
every disaster on Global Warming threatens The True Faith. Global
Warming Did It! Well, Maybe Not
(/*http://e2ma.net/go/1262690176/1146578/42001888/*/goto:/*http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/08/01/AR2008080103014_pf.html*/)

But it won't stop as long as scientists in almost any field can win
funding and feed media hysteria with some far-fetched global warming
connection in their research:

Melting icecaps will lead to shellfish invasion
(/*http://e2ma.net/go/1262690176/1146578/42001886/goto:http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/08/10/MNKO127QHT.DTL*/)
but read the whole story: it's a good thing!

Canadian Govt: Global warming means more raw sewage in local water
(/*http://www.canada.com/vancouversunnews/story.html?id=5febeafc-f8ce-4db8-8329-907dbaa59285*/),
maybe, someday. Meanwhile let's raise taxes to pay for it now!

Most Egregious Claim of the Week:

Usually this section features some sort of snarky comment but I'm afraid
all the snark in world couldn't do justice to this column from the Guardian
in the UK:

Oliver Tickell: On a Planet 4C Hotter, All We Can Prepare For is
Extinction
(*/http://e2ma.net/go/1262690176/1146578/42001883/goto:http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2008/aug/11/climatechange/*)

    "...the idea that we could adapt to a 4C rise is absurd and
dangerous. Global warming on this scale would be a catastrophe that
would mean, in the immortal  words that Chief Seattle probably never
spoke, "the end of living and the beginning of survival" for humankind.
Or perhaps the beginning of our extinction.

    "The collapse of the polar ice caps would become inevitable,
bringing long-term sea level rises of 70-80 metres. All the world's
coastal plains would be lost, complete with ports, cities, transport and
industrial infrastructure, and much of the world's most productive
farmland. The world's geography would be transformed much as it was at
the end of the last ice age, when sea levels rose by about 120 metres

/*[Now, how-in-Hell do they know this? - JAQ]*/

to create the Channel, the North Sea and Cardigan Bay out of dry land.
Weather would become extreme and unpredictable, with more frequent and
severe droughts, floods and hurricanes. The Earth's carrying capacity
would be hugely reduced. Billions would undoubtedly die."

You hear that? Billions. I don't think Mr. Tickell got Mr. Achenbach's memo.

Patrick Gallagher, Editor
Richard Vigilante, Publisher

3033 Executive Boulevard
Suite G10