Charles James Napier

Jim jim at LADMO.AZANORAK.COM
Thu Mar 29 20:10:29 MDT 2007

from an article by Robert Spencer at
http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=27551
dealing with the German judge who cited the koran when she ruled it was
ok for a moslem man to beat his wife.

Judge Datz-Winter’s decision caused a furor in Germany, and she was
quickly removed from the case. That may be one small sign that Europe is
inching toward throwing off its multiculturalist blinders and recovering
the spirit of General Sir Charles James Napier, the British
Commander-in-Chief in India from 1849 to 1851. It is said that a Hindu
delegation protested against the British prohibition of sati, the
practice of burning a widow to death on her husband’s funeral pyre, by
telling Napier that it was part of their cultural custom. Napier
famously responded:

You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a
custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks
and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will
build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours.
--

"That income tax you know it's nothing more than legal robbery"
Sidney "Pa" Larkin