WS>>PRO-FAMILY FREE SPEECH ALERT!

Fri Jul 20 22:21:51 MDT 2001

     >PROTECT YOUR FREE SPEECH RIGHTS.  SIGN THE
     >PETITION TO STOP THE McCAIN/SHAYS "GAG ORDER":
     >http://www.grassfire.net/113.asp?RID=350370

     Here's  how McCain-Feingold/Shays-Meehan will undermine  the
     pro-family movement and stifle your rights:

     It restricts your free association rights by shutting grass-
     roots  organizations like the Center for Reclaiming  America
     out of the policy  debate!

     It will ban issue-oriented TV or radio ads within two months
     of  a federal  election if the ads even mention a member  of
     Congress.   This would  silence pro-family groups  like  the
     Center for Reclaiming America ? the  groups that give you  a
     voice  in the key issues of our day ? during the  most  cru-
     cial debates facing our nation!

     Even   worse,  McCain-Feingold/Shays-Meehan  would   empower
     liberal   strongholds  and  allow the  mainstream  media  to
     increase  its control  over the flow of  information  during
     campaigns and crucial issue  debates!

     McCain-Feingold/Shays-Meehan?s negative impact extends  well
     beyond  elections.  At any time during the year,  pro-family
     groups could  not even discuss pro-life or pro-family legis-
     lation with a member of  Congress and then report the  find-
     ings  back to grassroots supporters.   That would  be  ques-
     tionable  "coordinated activity" which could prompt  a  sti-
     fling FEC investigation!

     Even this petition would likely be classified as "coordinat-
     ed  activity"  that could result in investigation and  sanc-
     tions!

     WHO  WILL REPRESENT YOUR VALUES WHEN PRO-FAMILY  GROUPS  ARE
     SILENCED?  THE  LIBERAL  MEDIA? LABOR  UNIONS?  THE  BLOATED
     GOVERNMENT BUREACRACY?

     WE MUST STOP McCAIN-FEINGOLD/SHAYS-MEEHAN NOW!

     Processed by WordSTAR for DOS 7.0 by Carl William Spitzer IV
                    GOD save America from herself
     No  State shall convert a liberty into a privilege,  license
     it, and charge a fee therefor.  --Murdock v.   Pennsylvania,
     319 US 105, US Supreme Court, 1943.
     The U.S.  Supreme Court broadly and unequivocally held  that
     requiring  licensing or registration of  any  constitutional
     right  is itself unconstitutional.  --Follett vs.   Town  of
     McCormick, S.C., 321 U.S.  573 [1944]
     "I  have  little interest in streamlining government  or  in
     making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size.   I
     do  no?t  undertake  to promote welfare, for  I  propose  to
     extend  freedom.  My aim is not to pass laws, but to  repeal
     them.   It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to  cancel
     old  ones that do violence to the Constitution ...  or  have
     failed  their purpose ...  or that impose on the  people  an
     unwarranted financial burden.  I will not attempt to discov-
     er  whether  legislation  is 'needed' before  I  have  first
     determined whether it is constitutionally permissible.   And
     if  I  should be attacked for  neglecting  my  constituents'
     'interests,'  I shall reply that I was informed  that  their
     main  interest is liberty, and in that cause I am doing  the
     very best I can." --Barry Goldwater
     What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers  are
     not warned from time to time that their people preserve  the
     spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be  refreshed
     from  time to time with the blood of patriots  and  tyrants.
     It is its natural manure) Thomas Jefferson
              Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.
                           Thomas Jefferson
                   *******************************
     "If  no one among us is capable of governing  himself,  then
     who among us is capable of governing someone else"
                            Ronald Reagan
                   *******************************
     There are very few problems in the world that cant be  cured
     by the appropriate amount of high explosives.  --unknown
     "The  right of self-defense is the first law of  nature;  in
     most governments it has been the study of rulers to  confine
     this  right within the narrowest limits possible.   Wherever
     standing  armies  are  kept up, and when the  right  of  the
     people to keep and bear arms is, under any color or  pretext
     whatsoever, prohibited, liberty, if not already annihilated,
     is on the brink of destruction.  " -- Henry St George  Tuck-
     er,  in Blackstone's 1768"Commentaries on the Laws  of  Eng-
     land.  "
     "And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What  would
     things  have been like if every Security operative, when  he
     went  out  at night to make an arrest,  had  been  uncertain
     whether he would return alive and had to say goodbye to  his
     family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for  exam-
     ple in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire
     city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling
     in terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at  every
     step  on the staircase, but had understood they had  nothing
     left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an
     ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or
     whatever else was at hand.  -- The Organs would very quickly
     have  suffered  a shortage of officers  and  transport  and,
     notwithstanding  all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed  machine
     would have ground to a halt!"
            Alexandr Solzhenitsyn,*The Gulag Archipelago*
     "Potentially,  a government is the most dangerous threat  to
     man's rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physi-
     cal force against legally disarmed victims.  When  unlimited
     and unrestricted by individual rights, a government is man's
     deadliest  enemy.  It is not as protection  against  PRIVATE
     actions,  but against governmental actions that the Bill  of
     Rights was written." --Ayn Rand "Man's Rights", April, 1963.
     "Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption

     for  authority.   It is hardly too strong to  say  that  the
     Constitution was made to guard the People against the  dang-
     ers of good intentions.  There are men in all ages who  MEAN
     to govern well, but THEY MEAN TO GOVERN.  They promise to be
     good masters, but THEY MEAN TO BE MASTERS."
     DANIEL WEBSTER U.  S.  Senator New York (circa 1850)
     "...   it  is NOT reasonable that mankind would be  free  ..
     therefore  FREE men are NOT reasonable; we are  intractable,
     we  are immoderate, we are fanatic, we are  un-compromising,
     we  are determined, we are stubborn, we  are  un-cooperative
     (except  for  brief  periods), we are  unforgiving,  we  are
     obnoxious, we are EVERYTHING and ANYTHING it takes to  main-
     tain that sense of liberty that will keep us free even if we
     are  imprisoned."  -- unknown AMERICAN patriot of  the  late
     20th century
     "After  having  thus successively taken each member  of  the
     community  in its powerful grasp and fashioned him at  will,
     the  supreme power then extends its arm over the whole  com-
     munity.  It covers the surface of society with a network  of
     small, complicated rules, minute and uniform, through  which
     the  most original minds and the most  energetic  characters
     cannot penetrate, to rise above the crowd.  The will of  man
     is not shattered, but softened, bent, and guided; men seldom
     forced by it to act, but they are constantly restrained from
     acting.   Such  a power does not destroy,  but  it  prevents
     existence;  it does not tyrannize, but it compresses,  ener-
     vates,  extinguishes,  and  stupefies a  people,  till  each
     nation  is reduced to nothing better than a flock  of  timid
     and  industrious  animals, of which the  government  is  the
     shepherd." -- Alexis de Tocqueville