Are Psychics Psychic?

Gary Freitag gfreitag at GREATBATCH.COM
Fri Aug 3 06:56:17 MDT 2001

>Inside Edition showed an expose on Psychics, who aren't as psychic as
>they'd want you to think they are. IE spoke of the fact that the FBI is
>unable to find any cases in which a psychic solved one of their cases.
>In fact, psychics are more likely to relieve you of your money and take
>advantage of you when your emotions are at their lowest point.  IE showed
>a fairly well known psychic a picture of one of their staff members when
>they were a little child.  This psychic told the IE employee, who was
>purporting to be a relative looking for a lost sister, that his sister
>had suffered a traumatic death, that he saw a broken neck, that she
>gasped for life.  He even went as far as to show the individual where his
>sister was buried, and that he should show this diagram to the police
>department.
>
>IE then has an interview with the psychic, using the guise of displaying
>the psychics talents.  He is introduced to the "dead sister" (IE staff
>member), at which time he advises that he stood by his initial assessment
>of the photograph he saw, and before he even met the staff member,
>bragged that he had helped a major police department solve a missing
>persons case.  It didn't take long to get this psychic to end the
>interview and say he wasn't going to continue if their intention was to
>"blast me".
>
>I love it when they fakes are shown to be who they really are.

Not all are fakes.  I recall a story of a man who read palms.  He said he
started while in school to earn a little money.  He became a believer when
the readings he gave appeared to be true (i.e. - his customers claimed
what he told them was accurate).  However, the Amazing Randy convinced him
otherwise by doing the following.  The Amazing Randy instructed him to
read a person's palm as he would normally do, but tell the customer the
exact opposite.  To this guys surprise, all of his customers were equally
amazed at the accuracy of his readings.

Gary
gfreitag at greatbatch.com